Pages - Menu

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Far away for Addicted to CAS

my first time playing along at Addicted to CAS (i'm a HUGE fan of THIS GIRL's blog, and i just saw that she joined their fabulous team!).  i LOVE the inspiration spattered all over their page! 

the challenge is "Far away" and it instantly made me think of my Gram, who's been gone for several years now but remains my favourite person in the world.  i moved 500 miles away from her when i married my husband, but she was, and is, in my heart in everything i do. 

a sympathy card was born, for someone mourning the loss of a loved one


this may be the absolute cleanest and simplest i've ever created, to be honest.  but the birds were exactly what i needed and i just couldn't add anything else to the card. 

there's some amazing inspiration on the Addicted to CAS blog - i think it might be a regular spot for me to visit when i'm lacking in the mojo department!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, Leah, your card sings to my CAS loving heart! I love how you've kept the colour palette neutral ... it emphasises the nature of your card so beautifully! Thanks so much for the shout out (blush, blush) ... and thanks for playing along for the first time with ATCAS ... hope you'll be back! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATCAS. Your CAS design is amazing and perfect for a sympathy card. I love the soft muted neutrals and the simple addition of twine adds texture and balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely CAS card and crisp, soft color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Leah and so special as it provoked memories of your grandmother. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Love the birds on their twine.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! Congrats on your well deserved win at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"