Pages - Menu

Thursday, February 11, 2010

NEW DOLLIES Sketch Challenge - it's YUMMEH!

WOO HOO!
the trifecta is ready for you, folks! whatcha got? :)

we've unveiled the new sketch at Design Dollies, and seriously, i LOVED this. my scrapbook only has three more open spots, and they'll be filled by the end of the week. guess i'm going shopping this weekend! :D

here's this week's FLIPPIN' AWESOME SKETCH:


and my mostly-Sassafras layout:




i am LOVING going through all these fun old pictures of The Son (have i mentioned he's turning 17 this August? - yikes!), but whoa, talk about bringing a tear to the eye! times were tough as i was a single mom, but motherhood itself was so much simpler then. *sigh*

the prizes for the Color Challenges and Elements Challenges have been posted, but you'll have to check out what my Kristy-Dollie will be giving away for this month's Sketch Challenges. i'm sure it's going to be TASTY!! :)

so.
the Color Challenge for this week is up. so is the Elements Challenge. now that the Sketch is revealed, you can choose to do any of these on their own or combine 'em for more chances at the prizes!

annnnnd, i was up late last night playing, and decided to make a card for the Allsorts Challenge for this week... distressing, CHECK! buttons, CHECK! bows, CHECK!





is she not adorable? as for the sentiment, i just couldn't resist. :) happy thursday, folks!

18 comments:

  1. LOL LOL LOL... LOVE the card dahling... and the fact that you are officially a scrapper... well, it makes my heart smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah

    They are always little boys in our minds I think, although my bunch would probably wish me further for saying so.

    Love the whole feel of yor card, the colours, DP's and lovely distressd edges.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sketch! And I love your LO. The picture of your son with the "hawk" is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a great image!! Love the muted colours and the real distressed feel you have created!! gorgeous! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. didn't realise your layout was on the same post..that is totally fab too!! such a fun page! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. again, i'm reiterating my threat...i don't ever want to hear you say again that you're no good at scrapping or, well, you know what I said... this layout RAWKS!!!!!!!! BRILLIANT!!! And your card is freakin adorable!!! what a perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first time visiting your blog - certainly won't be the last! Your work is just fabulous :) I wish I could scrapbook - this page is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card love the image and your colouring is fabulous...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that lo so much! You know, you're really quite good at scrappin'...just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leah, you are so very talented and so humble about it. Look how clever and creative you are; the Kraftin' Kimmie stamp is so cute and I love the sentiment - the way you laid it out, not to mention what it say - TOO CUTE! Leah, are you old enough to have a son at 17? You can't be more than 25 yourself, sweetie! ;-) Lovely layout; sorry haven't been by much -- working, working, working...sending your package off to you today! ;D Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both hilarious! I love that layout. Too cute. I do that with Leo's hair all the time. lol Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your LO is just the sweetest :) Loving how you used the SL. And that card... cute as a button :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, I love that layout. I love the bright color accents and that picture, lol, too cute!

    Your card rocks.... I love distressed edges like that the card has that awesome shabby chic feel. Love it.
    PS: thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog :-).... I've been so over whelmed that I'm wayyyyyy behind on checking blogs :-(.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bull twang! you are not old enough to have a 17 year old son!!! Holy cow woman! love his cheaky grin shining through that layout!!
    I adore all the elements of that card!! I esp will admit a small love for polka dot ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this card is amazing---love the coloring and how you coordinated everything

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!! toooooooooooooo flippin' cuuuute! i do indeed "dig the hawk"...most emphatically! ♥♥♥ what a fabulous pic, the sketch completely rocks, and the finished product is even greater than the sum of its parts! MAGNIFICENT!

    (& the card is v cool as well--too funny!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"