Pages - Menu

Saturday, February 20, 2010

SATURDAY sweetness!

seriously, folks, I am in the BEST mood... it was another somewhat stressful work week, but on wednesday, i attended a webinar for one of the companies whose stuff we sell, and i ended up being a VERY lucky winner.... on its way to me is a brand new Wacom Intuos4 tablet - i can't WAIT to play with it! i sell these to lots of schools, and i hate it when my customers ask me questions i can't answer. now at least i'll have a bit of experience playing with them, and won't sound so clueless. now i just have to get me some PhotoShop or other drawing program to really be able to test it out!

i also logged on this morning briefly before i began my crafting, and saw that i was the winner of the BasicGrey Challenge #13, for my little hedgie card:



there is an awesome stamp set in there (a Simon Says Stamp exclusive!), some YUMMY Tokens charms, and la piece de resistance... Tim Holtz TONIC scissors! OOOHHHH, i am excited!

today's mail brought me a package from Canada (a belated valentine's giftie from my BFF), containing the tea we can't seem to find here (Celestial Seasonings - vanilla strawberry rose... TO DIE FOR), as well as some scrummeh indian snacks. he is the BEST!! he knows what i like! too bad the card he sent wasn't homemade. ;)

it's crop weekend in my Cafe Mom group, so i'm hoping to get a couple of nifty challenges done... this morning i finished up the last of the February challenges for Design Dollies, and soon we're heading up toward my inlaws' house and stopping at Jo-Ann so i can see if they have packs of PLAIN BROWN CARDSTOCK. i can't seem to find JUST BROWN anywhere, except online, and i'm unhappy about that. i use it more than any other colour, and my lovely English penpal would like me to send her some die-cut flourishes in brown, but i HAVE NO BROWN, except for a few scraps. *sigh*

anyway, if you're looking for some inspiration, go check out our NEW HUMBLE PIE CHALLENGE - it may actually challenge you! ;) we want to see only ONE type of embellishment on your projects this week... and we've got a new linking system, so you don't have to leave your URL in a comment anymore. the prize is the fabulous Umbrella Ellie stamp:

plus an assortment of goodies. and we Bakers at Humble Pie are SUPER excited, because we're going to have some amazingly funnerwool news to share with you soon!

what a fabulous week it's turned out to be!

10 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are having a great week!!!!!! Adorable projects too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Leah! If only every week was filled with such fun surprises and lots of goodies. Enjoy all your goodies and the tea. Have a great weekend, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Girlie!!!! I love that porcupine! Too cute!!! Miss you! Hope all is well!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both...I can NEVER find packs of brown except online. It's the one color I always run out of and is so hard to match with pp that I need to have one of every color anyway. ~sigh~

    Anyway, love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats with your win Girl! Yesterday I found a gorgeous card in my postmail, Thank you!!! You're soooo kind (it really makes me blush ;-))

    Enjoy your BEST mood and have a wonderfull sunday!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay that is totally NO surprise you won!!! That card is amazing. I remember when you posted it. Tonic scissors! I'm so jealous!! I want a pair too. Thats great you won! Off to check out that site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooooooooh CONGRATS to you...but i'm not at all surprised about the BG hedgie card b/c that thing ROCKS!!! :)

    however, wacom tablet?!?! duuuuuuuuuude!!! that is BEYOND whatever is beyond cool in the "things to win for FREE" category!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are on a great winning streak, and the wacom tablet...WOW, great win! Love these cards, your cards are so fun and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah on winning the tablet!! I have one and LOVE IT!!!!! I hate to a mouse (and never do)... the tablet is so addictive!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG lucky you!!!!! Congrats!!!! No one more deserving of yummy goodies than such an awesome, GOOD person as you!!!!!!!! Good luck on the ST GDT, too. You deserve to be in the running!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"