Pages - Menu

Monday, February 1, 2010

Some Odd Girl makes another Design Dollies appearance!

morning!
so it's February, huh? crazy. i don't really DO valentines, but i should probably make an effort to send out the ones i've made, right? :)

i had a busy weekend, with a bit of craftin' here and there, lots of organizing, too much sleep on Friday night (i passed out on the couch at 7:30 and my night was LOST - what a bummer!), cleaning, and a fun day chillin' with my new and fabulous friend, Lauren. we attended a Prismacolors non-class yesterday, but enjoyed the rest of the day trouncing around, shopping, eating, and ogling over buttons and fancy trims. there's so much more i could say, but go check out her post for a fun account of our adventures! :)

today, back to the daily grind, and i SO wish i could be playing with all my new goodies. Lauren gave me some wonderful "parting gifts" upon my arrival (that girl's such a non-conformist!) and i just want to DIG IN! THANK YOU, luv! i'm in button heaven right now, just so's ya know.

SO! work stuff aside, i have things to show you!

today's COLOR CHALLENGE DAY at Design Dollies! first challenge for February, so i'll be announcing a winner and showing the NEW prize pack for the month, but that will have to wait until later today. in the meantime - the colors are RED, BLACK and one NEUTRAL.

i used yet ANOTHER fantabulatious digi from Some Odd Girl (love you, Holmes!), and coloured Miss Kaylee up for the occasion:







and while i absolutely ADORE my Dollie, Kristy, and i am probably slightly biased about Some Odd Girl, i think these digis are simply the MOST fun to colour, and the images are so sharp and crisp. if you haven't bought any of her images, at least go get the FEBRUARY FREEBIE! check out Heart Kaylee:

i LOVE her! those socks are rockin'! ;)

come play along with the Design Dollies Color Challenge and link your project up by MIDNIGHT (EST), on Sunday, February 7th! the new prize pack will be posted later today, so come back for a quick visit!

and while i won't be posting the projects we created yesterday *gigglesnort* at our class *lullzonthefloor*, i WILL show you the first page i created for this week's Heart The Art challenge... Gina is one crafty, brilliant, classy lady, and until Saturday, i just gawked at her work, promising myself i'd find some time to play along. the prompt this week is "THRIVE", and i had something specific in mind (yay, gesso!):





let's see... regular old leather-bound journal, covered the page with gesso, layered it up with MORE gesso, pressed the corrugated cardboard into it, as well as the strip i pulled off when i opened a box from USPS (that little strip that comes off and magically, the box is OPEN!), more gesso, sprayed some yellow and green Shimmerz spritz, pressed the flowers in, added felt hearts that i received from the lovely Francielle from That's Just So Cute (she sent me this AMAZING box of yummies as a challenge prize), outlined the large heart with some metallic gold acrylic paint and added the text plus flower centers. i had FUN getting messy with this one, and i have every intention of playing along with Gina's prompts as much as possible throughout the year!

i'm sure there's more i have to post and do, but work beckons! adios!

7 comments:

  1. wow Girl as always your creations are just stunning!!! as black and red is my ultimate colour combo..tis my favourite..lobe all your gorgeous details, and the dimension!!! fab!! Oh, and I have picked up my fab freebie!! Thanks for the hint!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness is this cute. Thanks for the notice about the free digi. I just bought Curtsy Kaylee. Can't wait to try her out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so loving your DD card! Those flowers are so very YUM and Kaylee is just precious! I love how you colored her up! That second card is gorgeous, so full of vintage charm!
    blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that card! Love how you colored her and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love that project, especially the cardboard. And that stamp, with her enormous feet, is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I don't know how I missed it. Somehow I totally didn't see the comment or this post. Strange. Too cool girlie! I'm working on my collages for them now. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"